Ready to Sell Your Home? - Here are a few ideas to ensure a successful Sale.
Friday Feb 08th, 2019Share
You are ready to sell your home....And you want to be as successful as possible? Here is some information to make sure you get it done!
How do you prepare a house to sell?
Doing whatever you can to put your house’s best face forward is very important if you want to get close to your asking price or sell as quickly as possible. Short of spending a lot of money, here are several ideas for making your home show better.
- Clean the windows and make sure the paint is not clipped or flaking. If you think you might have some problems, do the inspection yourself beforehand and make any fixes you can.
- Good option is to have a pre-inspection report done. This is good for you to know what should be fixed...plus it is a good selling tool to show to all prospective buyers that any issues that were there were corrected.
- Make sure your doorbell works.
- Clean and spruce up all rooms, furnishings, floors, walls and ceilings. It’s especially important that the bathroom and kitchen are spotless.
- Make sure basic appliances and fixtures work. Get rid of leaky faucets and frayed cords.
- Make sure the house smells good. Hide any kitty litter.
- Put vases of fresh flowers through out the house.
- Having pleasant background music playing in the back yard will also help set your stage.
- Before any showings, bake some cookies or a cake - this will make the home welcoming to the sense of smell.
Make your home more appealing with these low cost tips
- In the winter ensure the driveway, sidewalk, and steps leading to the home are always cleaned.
- Buy a new door mat.
- Put a pot of bright flowers by the front door.
- Put new door knobs on the front door.
- Be sure all toys are put away.
- Buy a new mail box.
- Upgrade out door lighting.
- Clean your gutters.
- Buy new towels.
Remember...the key to selling your home in any market is to make it as appealing as possible to as many buyers as possible to get your home SOLD for just the RIGHT price.
Fell free to contact me with any questions you might have:
Jim Amitofski |Real Estate Advisor/Real Estate Sales Representative
Direct/ Text: 905-903-0012 | JimAmitofski@SoldWithJim.com
Here is a video explaining this :